Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Getting Ready for a New Stitch

Design - Snowman Ornament
Chart - "Let it Snow"
Designer - Val's Stitchin' Stuff
Fabric - 25 count Navy Lugana
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 22 November 2010
Completed - 22 November 2010

I am getting the floss and linen ready for a new stitch, in the meantime, here's a look back at a one day project.

Many former bloggers have turned to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other forms of social media.  I do appreciate those folks who continue to blog.  I recently found a new blogger, Meg at Live to Stitch.  If you have a moment, you might stop on by and say hello.   

Most of our mornings start out quite foggy.  It makes for dull blurry photos, but I thought I would share this Robin with those of you dealing with snow and arctic cold. 

\
15 days in a row now!

My Yellow-rumped Warbler has shown up morning and afternoon for 15 days in a row.

He's pretty talkative, so I generally hear him and go get some bark butter for him to eat. 

Yellow atop his head, his chin, below his wings... 

...and on his rump.

I am guessing that he is a solitary bird.  I have no sense that there are
any other warblers out there.

He certainly has been a spot of color during a dull gray month.

The Juncos are another story - I see more than a dozen birds daily. 

They too are big fans of bark butter as well as black oil sunflower seeds.

Cornell University has several bird cameras that are well worth watching.
One is up in Ontario, Canada, and another in Ithica, NY.  But it is the camera in El Valle de Antón, Panama, Central America to which I've become addicted. As best I can tell the country is on the Eastern Time Zone.  The fruit eating birds are amazing. And there are squirrels!  For some reason it is weird to see squirrels in Central America.

7 comments:

MaryO said...

That warbler is a beauty!

Robin in Virginia said...

Cute little snowman you stitched! Don't you just love those one day stitching projects? Thanks for the links to the birding cameras, Beth.

Mary said...

Sweet little stitch, no hint as to what your kitting up? We posted about Meg's blog too, I much rather visit as I am no fan of facebook. I'm off to see view the bird cameras!! Thanks for the links.Mary

Barb said...

That warbler is such a beautiful bird. I do like your little snow ornament. I have not stitched on such a dark color.

RJ said...

Oh your little snowman is so sweet. I love one day stitches. The warbler is such a pretty bird and you got such great photos. RJ

Kathy H said...

Such a cute snowman ornament.

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) What a handsome little fellow! Nice to see a Warbler in the garden.:)