Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Wednesday Walk

August has a 'spent' - over-blown feel to it.
Most things are past their prime.

Even things still in bloom, like Rabbit's Foot clover, has a 'done for' look to it.

The leaves of the Hazel brush are starting to turn.

The clumps of Iris tenax are browning.

The plants have set seed, the ripe pods are open, their work is done for this year.

Salsify seed heads look like huge dandelions. 

But the blackberries keep trucking on...

And Tansy Ragwort (a noxious weed) provides a bright burst of August color.

4 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I like your new header Beth, anything Noah related very much appeals to me.

Barb said...

I agree Beth. I think it is because things started so early this year.

Maggee said...

My flowers are almost spent... gotta go get the seeds!! It is the ONLY thing I had growing this year! Love the Rabbit's Foot clover plants... great name, and so apropos! We still have a bunny hanging around the yard. Hugs!

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Beautiful photos