Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Perfect Timing

Yesterday I kitted up and began to stitch"Black-headed Grosbeak" by Heartstring Samplery.

And who should I see for the first time this spring?

Yep!  A male Black-headed Grosbeak.

Welcome back!  I will enjoy your pleasant song.

The Evening Grosbeaks are slowing coming closer to my feeders... 

...and staying for a longer time.
This was a group of 9 birds.

Here's a group portrait!
Male Evening Grosbeak, male American Goldfinch, Pine Siskin, female Evening Grosbeak, and a Junco.

I do like my stern looking birds.

Is he lifting an eyebrow?

A handsome profile.

Two for the price of one - with a blurry third in the background.

Look at those lovely yellow tail feathers.

Here's female with a bit of yellow on her neck.

Looking rather regal.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

How very perfect! :D

Louvregirl said...

Beautiful shots! Compelling. So nice...to meet you. Karen :-)

Margaret said...

Lovely timing indeed! I ended up buying an Emma Bridgewater Garden Birds mug -- all your fault. :D

Stewart M said...

What wonderful birds! That is a big beak!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Louvregirl said...

Wonderful photos, really nice! Intricate details about the birds can be seen...Thank you! Karen They are little friends, no? :-)