Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Frowning Friends

When I saw this chart was to be released at the Nashville Market, I knew it had my name written all over it.  The designer lives in Oregon, so the birds are all ones that come to my feeders.  I've started off stitching the American Goldfinches. 

I finally had a female American Goldfinch stop by so the new project will serve to welcome them back. 

Speaking of returning birds...
Thursday it rained, then it poured, then it rained some more.  We ended up with over 2" of rain, but it was a great bird day nonetheless.

After hearing them in the forest and watching them fly overhead for the past week, I finally had my Frowning Friends stop at my feeders.

It was so great to see a pair of Evening Grosbeaks once again. 

Look at the size of that bill!

Perfect for cracking open sunflower seeds.

She did not look too pleased with the unremitting rain.

To top it off I had my first sighting of a Yellow-rumped Warbler here since February 2014.

I was very pleased to have the bird come by. 





6 comments:

Vickie said...

I KNEW you would be stitching that chart! ;)

Maggee said...

I also KNEW you would like that chart! I thought of you when I saw it!

Le trame della Galaverna said...

So lovely birds

Barb said...

I do think that chart was meant for you. You have some great birds!

daisy g said...

Your stitchery will be lovely. So many beautiful birds.

Wanda said...

It's great to see the evening grosbeaks back! Beth, I also immediately thought of you when that chart was released!