Monday, December 19, 2011

A Cat Ornament and Holiday Market - Part 2

Design - "Cat"
Chart - "A Prairie Christmas"
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric - 32 Count Lambswool linen
Fibers - DMC - 1 strand over 2 threads
Started - 12 December 2011
Completed - 17 December 2011

Pretty cute - Padma and Tom-Cat like it anyway.  I still have plans to stitch some of the other ornaments in this series - stay tuned! 

There were so many cute and interesting gift ideas at the Holiday Market.  Where to begin?

First up, for that University of Oregon Sports fan on your list. 
Cinderella Lucinda uses postage stamps to create themed pins and earrings.

This potter had lovely plates and platters and wind-chimes.

I was so impressed with the presentation of the peppermint soaps - what a great (and good smelling) stocking stuffer.

This display of brooms was awesome.  I felt as though I was headed off to Hogwarts with my Nimbus 2000!

This gets an A+ in my book for creativity.  These night lights are made out of recycled tin cans. 

You know me and birds and plants!  I could collect all of these most happily.

I've always thought that dried beans were pretty.  Now someone has taken it a step further and created charming necklaces and earrings.  So clever!

Happy Holidays - I'm off to wrap gifts as no Elf has stepped in to do it for me.

10 comments:

blue star stitcher said...

I love the subtle color changes in the cat's fur, very pretty!

Carol said...

Oh, I do love your cat ornament, Beth--and I'm glad to hear your kitties approve!

Penny said...

Your cat ornament is lovely!
A lot of wonderful things at the Holiday Market - love the birds!

Nancy said...

Love your cat ornie! So cute!!

Mouse said...

ohhh well done on your finish :) and cool all those brooms and cute idea with the beans too :) love mouse xxx

Anonymous said...

Interesting finds. I love the cat. Glad to see you are squeezing out some stitching time.
Love the brooms, I have been wanting one like this for some time. I love your Hogwarts comment... you are so right.

Unknown said...

Love those night lights- very cool!

Sarah Beth said...

You beat me at finishing the cat. I am almost done just have the scarf and little bit of front leg.I want to do the squirrel next.

Siobhán said...

How fun! I just love those night lights--how clever. Love the finish!

Mindi said...

I love the cat ornament, with his festive red ribbon!

Those brooms are fantastic!