Thursday, December 8, 2011

Another Reindeer

The sharp-eyed among you will have noticed that this chart was not part of the "December Stuff I Might Stitch Stash" I shared a few days ago.  I flitter and flutter about something fierce when it comes time to pick out my next project.  After enduring two cold, frosty days, I decided another reindeer stitch would be appropriate.

On cold frosty mornings, everyone feathered is wearing their down jackets.

A Golden-crowned Sparrow...

Look how puffy this Steller's Jay is! 

Feathers or not, I expect this bunny was all puffed up too.

   This poor bunny just looked cold. 
As I came up the hill, I met a covey of California Quail heading to the Big Birdfeeder. 

I thought this Red-headed Finch was pretty enough to appear on a Christmas Card.

The brambles were full of Finches, and Juncos...

...and little Chickadees.

6 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Your new stitch is going to be quite a handsome fellow. Hope the ones out your window don't get jealous!

Terri said...

I love your wildlife pictures!!!

Siobhán said...

I can't wait to see your new stitch! I have that chart, just haven't gotten to it yet. Congrats on your Silent Night finish!

Great photos of the birds---they're so cute and fat! :)

geeky Heather said...

Gorgeous pictures!! I agree that the red-headed finch looks good enough to be on a card...in fact, I was thinking that before I read what you wrote about the picture! =)

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I always enjoy your bird photos, the one of the red headed bird is so pretty and the little chickadee is really cute. The PS chart is one that I like.

Carol said...

I never plan my stitching ahead--it's just whatever calls out to me at the moment :) Love your PS piece...

Oh, such beautiful birds, but my very favorite is that dear chickadee!