Monday, May 23, 2011

A Day of Rest ... Not!

No stitching Sunday - worked with my plants most of the day...

Today's color theme - pink and bluey/purple...
Buggy Crazy had the most amazing Camas for sale last Saturday.  It must be a close relative of Camassia leichtlinii var. alba only it was the palest pink - very lovely.  It was twice as tall as our native blue/purple camas. 

Everyday I walk amongst the wild iris and am in awe of their abundance and fleeting glory...

We have a muscari that is pretty amazing too!  I bought it for my mother's birthday a year or two ago - its a very different look and size than most muscari.  It's called Muscari armeniacum 'Fantasy Creation'.

I spent most of Sunday outside.  Ir was a gray day without rain - a good thing.  I was able to get lots done.  One of my projects was to organize this shaded nook on the back patio.   

1 comment:

Linda said...

No gardening here...it is gloomy and gray out and the drizzle is back...I have not seen wild Iris before...you have so many different kinds of plants there.