Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Gardening on a Larger Scale


Design - "Shabby Chick"
Designer - Meme's Quilts
Fabric - 32 count R & R 18th Century Brown
Fibers - DMC
Started - 23 May 2011 
Completed - 27 May 2011

Every once in a while, I find an older chart that I think has stood the test of time.  Such is the case with "Shabby Chick".  I know that back-stitching is no longer in vogue, but it does make the design "pop"! 

It's time for the Tuesday Garden Party so I'm going to share some photos of the farms in the Willamette Valley.  It can be said that farming is gardening on a LARGE scale.  

Monday was an overcast day - the clouds draped the Coburg Hills. 

I love the architecture of farm buildings - especially barns. 

Round silos and rectangular barns.

A vineyard near Salem, OR

A blurry picture of world famous Schreiner's Iris Gardens.
My photo does not begin to do it justice.  Check out the link above.

Saddleback Ridge in the Coburg Hills. 

8 comments:

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Beautiful pictures--thank you for sharing them! We've certainly had our share of drizzly/rainy/cold weather lately around here, haven't we? It's definitely put me behind a bit with my vegetable gardening.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely photos Beth, I hope you don't mind me asking but were you a teacher at one time?

Melanie said...

Love the Shabby Chic.
I remember quite well when it was all back stitching, all the time. lol

Mouse said...

oo it certainly does pop with the back stitch and those photos are lovely too :)love mouse xxx

Gabi said...

Gorgeous pics. Thanks for sharing.
Love your "Shabby Chick". It turned out gorgeous.

CalamityJr said...

Shabby chick is so chic!

Carol said...

Aw...what a cute little chick, Beth. You certainly live in a gorgeous part of the country--I just love the shots of the hills.

Meadowsweet Cottage said...

I'm looking forward to our Oregon trip coming up in a few weeks. It's so beautiful!