Thursday, June 17, 2010

Coming Down the Home Stretch!

I've made a bit more progress on "Heart House" - I'm enjoying the new-to-me Scotch stitch at the top and bottom of the border.


And hey, thanks to everyone for all their kind comments on my "Oh Darned Deer" post of a couple of days ago.  As you can see from the photo above, she pretty much annihilated my coleus.  The fencing across the porch does seem to be working.  I have two very small sections of the porch along the front steps which are not fenced.  On one side I had three pots of herbs - untouched - on the other I had two pots of herbs - untouched - and a coleus - eaten to the ground last night. 
Poor Hostas!

So this morning I went to Bloomer's Nursery and bought some replacement coleus, and a few other plants not on my list, but then that is the nature of gardening, right?

Let's end on a positive note with a photo of a lovely, uneaten begonia!
   

No comments: