Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Wonderful Wren


Design - "Ladybug Picnic"
Designer - Just My Imagination
Fabric - 19 count Antique White Cork linen
Fibers - Caron Collection 
Started - 10 April 1999
Completed - 12 April 1999

Goodness but this is an oldie for sure - 24 years ago I whipped this out in three days.  I haven't stitched on 19 fabric in decades now - I think the fibers were Caron Collection of some sort - but what sold me on this design were the buttons.

While late August is a bit quieter, there are still some fun birds out and about.

Here's a cheerful Bewick's Wren.

They usually do not sit still.

I was pleased to get off a few shots.

This one is pretty good.

Also had a pair of Hairy Woodpeckers.

Here's the first.

And the second bird.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a sweet stitch you featured today, Beth! Super bird pictures!

Joni said...

So many woodpeckers! I have a wren in my greenhouse who built his nest in a round (2 iron hanging pots welded together) that was not used this year, it is his condo. Such a noisy neighbor and so fun to watch.