Thursday, August 17, 2023

Western Tanager Time

Design - "August"
Chart - "123 August"
Designer - Curtis Boehringer
Fabric -32 count Antique White Jobelan
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 11 August 2015
Completed - 12 August 2016 

I heard the bird and looked up and found it.

A female Western Tanager

The dull sky and distance did not make for great photos.

Nonetheless I was so pleased to see this bird.

If I'm lucky I'll have more sightings through mid-September.

I call female Western Tanagers "Banana Birds" as they are a bright yellow.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Another pretty Curtis B. piece! Glad the Western Tanager stopped by for a visit.

Joni said...

It's rare that I get them at the farm, but we have plenty up in the mountains at our tree farm. I call the males safety birds - bright yellow with orange hard hats.