Friday, August 12, 2022

Some Interesting Seasonal Birds

Design - "August" - Monthly Markings
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric -32 count Dirty Belfast linen
Fibers - WDW & GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 25 August 2016
Completed - 26 August 2016

I've gotten to see some of my seasonal rarities. 

Terrible photo of a female Bullock's Oriole. 

The bird on the right is a young Black-headed Grosbeak.
The bird on the left, is the "exciting" bird - a female Western Tanager.

I had not one, but two Wilson's Warblers flitting about for 20 minutes or so.

They are SO hard to capture in a photo - this is the best one of a male.

The Purple Martins flying and sing day after day.

They rarely perch though...

One perched AND singing!

Two birds!


And back to one.

I wish the light was kinder and I could better show off the colors of these lovely birds.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love the lighthouse stitch, Beth! Beautiful birds!