Friday, August 26, 2022

Look Who's Here!

Design - "August"
Chart - "A Prairie Year"
Designer - The Prairie Schooler
Fabric - 32 count Lambswool linen
Fibers -DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads - watermelon seeds 1 strand smyrna crosses
Started - 15 August 2016
Completed - 19 August 2016 


Look who's here!

It's a flycatcher...

It's a Willow Flycatcher.

They are SO hard to ID if they chose not to 'speak'. 

I had two of my co-workers weigh in and they were in agreement.

So Willow Flycatcher it is.

I was thrilled to see in lurking in the brush Wednesday morning.

I got some nice looks at it.

It had a small feather or thistle seed or something.

I hope I have the opportunity to see it again and again throughout the rest of the month and into September before in leaves for the winter.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Sweet watermelon stitch, Beth! What a beauty that you spotted!