Sunday, February 13, 2022

Valentine Battle

Design - Make Do #11 - "Love" (kit)
Designer - Shakespeare's Peddler
Fabric - 32 count Rosy Pink linen
Fibers - unknown - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 28 February 2013
Completed - 5 March 2013 

I've not blogged much about the California Quail this winter. 

That's in part because I see far, far, far fewer birds than I've had in past winters.

The usual flock size is anywhere from 30-50 birds.

This year I'm seeing 4-6 birds intermittently.

This is a group of 5.

Overwhelmingly males.

Four to one. Only one male is going to be happy come spring.

2 comments:

Pam C said...

I just love your blog! All of the wildlife photos are fascinating. Thank you for sharing your back yard with all of us!

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful Valentine stitch, Beth! I wonder where the Quail are in your neck of the woods.