Friday, August 3, 2018

Red-wing Blackbird

Design - "Red-wing Blackbird"
Chart - "The Bird Collection - Part II"
Designer - Heartstring Samplery
Fabric - 32 count PTP Wren linen
Fibers- GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 22 May 2018
Completed - 1 August 2018

Once again Beth Twist hit a home run! The colors she used exactly replicate the 'real life' bird. I did have to mess with the bird's eye.  She correctly charted it as chocolate brown, but it did not stand out from the surrounding colors, so I lightened it.

You can look at my spring visitor for comparison...


I had a male Red-wing Blackbird stop by earlier this year. 

I held off sharing the photos as I wanted to feature them with the cross stitch finish.

A lovely bird - and one I enjoy seeing year after year. 

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your bird finish, Beth! The real one is very handsome as well.

Terri Patillo said...

Beautiful stitching! I love birds. Mockingbirds and Whippoorwills are my special favourites.

Vickie said...

Wonderful finish Beth. Just perfect.

MelissaD said...

Redwing blackbirds are one of my favorites and we always get a lot near our pond. I even stitched one, complete with fuzzy cattail, for the EGA project of the US map several years ago.
Enjoyed your update as always.

Barb said...

What a beautiful design!!

Mary said...

This stitch is lovely. I have had red wing blackbirds come to my feeder often, they chase away the other birds though.

RJ said...

Oh I love this stitch Beth. The colors and design are wonderful. RJ