Friday, August 10, 2018

And Here is Wee Chicken

Design - Wee Chicken
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 30 count 18th Century Stone R & R linen
Floss - GAST
Started - 15 June 2010
Completed - 22 June 2010

This is the companion piece to Wee Rooster. I stitched both clear back in 2010.

I continue to watch the bird active in the morning when it is cool and the air is clear.

I am seeing Mourning Doves - up to five at a time.

Most of my American Goldfinches resemble this one - dull of color.
This is an adult female - there are a few brighter yellow males, but they are beginning to look a bit mottled as the lose their courting colors.

Here are a couple of Begging Babies!

And two more - they make quite a ruckus for little birds.

The last time I posted a photo of this bird was back in September of 2017!
It's a Hermit Thrush, a member of the same family as the American Robin.

They have a lovely song, but I've never heard one sing.

It was nice to have this rather elusive bird spot by.

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

I wonder where your elusive bird has been! Enjoy your day, Beth!

Vickie said...

Ha! I like the egg that popped out of your chicken. ;)

Terri Patillo said...

I am crazy about that design -- it is adorable!

RJ said...

Cute stitch Beth. That dove is so pretty. RJ