Friday, October 13, 2023

Friday's Framed Finish

First off a Whimsical Heart!

Design - "Whimsical Heart"
Designer - Ewe & Eye & Friends
Fabric - 32 count Thistle Pink Lakeside linen
Fibers - DMC & Anchor - 1 strand over 2 threads
Started - 4 February 2014
Completed - 16 March 2014 

 I did not want to use DMC 310 (black) to outline the eyelet stitches in the interior of the heart.  I ended up using DMC 3688 which was two shade darker than DMC 3686 which was used to fill in the pink heart.  I think it turned out really well.  The chart also called for some of the flowers to be stitched with a satin stitch.  I did not care the for look, so I cross stitched them instead. It did turn out to be kind of a wild and crazy heart - pretty whimsical after all.   



Framed June 2023
And here is is finally framed!
I like how it turned out and look forward to displaying it.

It's been raining heard and steadily so I've not been outside much.

I was pleased to see a female Downy woodpecker.

There's also a male, but I do not have photos of him.

The female posed for a bit.

Much appreciated.

Blue on blue

Steller's Jay

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your framed whimsical heart, Beth! Lovely bird pictures especially the blue on blue of the Steller's Jay.