Thursday, October 5, 2023

Cascara Berries and Cedar Waxwings

Designer - Fanci That
Chart - Pumpkin (#101)
Fabric - 10" x 10" 36 count Edinborough Sand
Began -1 October 2002
Completed - Halloween 2002

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting. 

For what? For the Cedar Waxwings to show up.

Usually in September I have large flocks of Cedar Waxwings flying about eating Cascara berries.

Finally...

Tuesday night about 6pm I heard and then saw 20-30 birds. 

These guys!

A nice flock of mature and juvenile birds.
 
So yes, I took lots of photos.

Because they perch just asking for photos.

Am I right?

Here's two mature birds.

You can see the bright yellow stripe on their tails and the red waxwing on the bird on the right.

In contrast, these are a couple of juvenile birds. 

They are long and lean and rather dull looking in comparison to the mature birds.
Nonetheless, ALL Waxwings are welcome here! 

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Awesome flock of Cedar Waxwings, Beth! Will they hange around for a while or are they just passing through?

Pam C said...

The Waxwings are very pretty. I just looked them up in FL, and they are true snowbirds here (not the human variety). I will keep a lookout this winter. SO happy to see Luna’s picture has been added to the cat pictures!