Friday, October 6, 2023

Friday's Framed Finish and a Luna Update

Chart - "Chester"
Designer - The Goode Huswife
Fabric - 32 count R & R Daily Grind
Fibers - NSI Silks
Started - 10 September 2015
Completed - 19 August 2020

I originally kitted this up as a stitch in memory of Tom-Cat who passed away in July 2015.  I began working on it, but did not do much.  Then it sat and sat and sat.  I picked it up again in 2020 and was totally taken with the color pallet.  That got me motivated and once I began stitching as the design was revealed bit my bit, I liked it more and more.  Am most pleased with this.  The only change I made was the color of the whiskers from brown to white.  All my 'tigers' had white whiskers.

Framed July 2023

A very simple frame with stripes that echo the tiger's stripes.  Very pleased with the finished product.

So yes, we DO now have a cat - or rather a cat has accepted us.

This is Luna.

She still spends most of her time in my parents' bedroom.

She's taken to sleeping on their bed.

She does come out to the family room to eat...

and about once a day she jumps up on the couch on my lap for petting.

She has some balls that she bats around once or twice a day.

I think she feels safe and is happy.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful cat stitch, Beth! Luna is so fluffy. I am glad she feels safe and is happy.

Wanda McColl said...

Luna is adorable!!! I am so happy that she found you and her family. We have two senior brothers that we adopted and a little female that decided she should come home with us as well. Two days after we adopted these three, a little guy showed up on our deck so we have a family of four kitties!! They really do bring such joy.

Angie said...

Luna is happy to have a quiet place. She looks comfortable and content.