Thursday, August 18, 2022

Late Summer Rarities

Am I even still stitching?
That's a good question.  Yes I am, but not much or often.
This is one of The Little Stitcher's Full Moon series patterns.  It's of a branch a bird and an egg.

So rarities - these are birds I see infrequently, but when I do it is this time of year - late summer. 

First off a Hermit Thrush

Robins are also a member of the thrush family and young robins share the speckled breast of the Hermit Thrush.

It is a rate nondescript bird, but has a lovely song.  Usually it hides out in the brush, so I was luck that it came 'out' to pose for me.

Second up, a male Wilson's Warblrt.

I've seen two birds at a time, but they flit abut so much, they are hard to capture.

This photo is pretty good.

Another good one.

This one is more typical of what I'm able to get.

And this back shot.

And lastly, a female Western Tanager.

She's about the size of an American Robin.

And she generally 'talks' which helps me to find her.

Lurking in the rose bed.

She's been by several mornings in a row.

Pretty Bird

You can see why I fondly refer to her as Banana Bird!

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful coloring of the Wilson's Warbler! The Hermit Thrush is adorable.