Wednesday, January 29, 2020

When it Rains...

When it rains the creeks rise!
We had a long, hard rain Monday night and most of Tuesday.

You can hardly tell that there's a beaver dam underneath the waterfall.
This is part of the Big Creek. 

It then flows through a culvert and gushes out wide nd fast.

Lots of white water.

This is a smaller creek that flows down a hill from our old house.

It too run through a culvert - this one beneath Lorane Highway and pops out as this deep pool on the other side.

It eventually flows into our section of the Big Creek on upper right of the photo.

Another culvert beneath our driveway leads to another large pool. I am wondering if there is possible beaver activity here as well in creating this pool.

And the final rushing water of Dorothy's Creek. 

It wanders along our driveway, then twists away to enter the Big Creek close to the original beaver dam in the first photo.



3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow! You did get some heavy rains, Beth. It is fascinating to me to read about how it goes from point a to b with your culverts.

Vickie said...

I enjoyed this Beth. We had a creek behind our home in Greendale. And the Rubicon River ran along our property line in Hartford. It brings so many wonderful animals. Our children enjoyed it so very much as well as us!

Beth I think you should stop by my blog for a very sweet surprise that I know you will personally love!!!

Vickie said...

I enjoyed this Beth. We had a creek behind our home in Greendale. And the Rubicon River ran along our property line in Hartford. It brings so many wonderful animals. Our children enjoyed it so very much as well as us!

Beth I think you should stop by my blog for a very sweet surprise that I know you will personally love!!!