Thursday, August 16, 2018

Back to Birds

I've been waiting almost a year for Wichelt's Ocean Kiss linen to stitch the four remaining birds on this chart.  I found a small piece in my stash and I think I have enough to stitch two. I've picked the Sparrow and Wren.

The Sparrow and Wren are day-to-day regulars in many backyards.
Here are some of my regulars.

A handsome male House Finch.

A male American Goldfinch.

AS you can see, most of my males look tatty as they are beginning to molt.

A charm of goldfinches now mostly has their fall/winter colors.

Speaking of molting...no one tops the jays.
This Scrub Jay's head is almost featherless... 

...as is his friend the Steller's Jay.  
They look like baby vultures!

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh my goodness, they do look like baby vultures! I look forward to seeing your next bird stitches, Beth.

Terri Patillo said...

I'm so glad that you found the linen you wanted! Happy birding and happy stitching!

RJ said...

Same thing happened to me waiting forever for a particular linen but finally found it on Ebay. So glad that I waited though because my newest stitch looks so good on that particular linen. Glad you can get two of your stitches out of your remaining piece and hope more comes out soon.

Love your bird photos...you always get the best! RJ