Monday, September 18, 2017

Next Up

I finished the Chickadee and I'll feature it tomorrow. So now I'm tackling the Scrub Jay. It has another issue in that it's name has changed since this chart was published.  The Western Scrub Jay changed into two different Jays and mine became the California Scrub Jay.  So I'll need to rechart the name.

"You can do it!"

Plenty of folks will be watching!

I continue to have oodles of American Goldfinches.

They are gathering in larger and larger flocks.

The rush to the feeders is a blur of motion and feathers.

Up to eight birds at a time drinking...

...and a couple of dozen working on the sunflowers.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Interesting the name was changed for the Western Scrub Jay! Look forward to see your progress; lovely thread colors involved.

Maggee said...

Wow! So many Goldfinches!! Still! IF we have any birds around, today and tomorrow they will be blown away with Jose's high winds coming in and out! I shall find out Thursday which ones survived... The Scrub Jay will be adorable, no matter what its name is!! Hugs!