Friday, March 2, 2012

Marching Mittens

The downside of using variegated flosses is that sometimes you have to frog out and restitch.  At least I did for this design in order to have dark enough "Olive" to clearly define the outlines of the two overlapping mittens.  So this February stitch has turned out to be a March Mitten Finish.  I hope to have it done this weekend.

Even though we had a snowy Wednesday...

There were still visitors to the feeders including this group of Pine Siskins.

This sweet Junco sought shelter from the snow and wind in a nook by the kitchen back door.  In this close up it is easy to see the puffed, downy feathers. 

Hummingbirds have to eat - especially in the snow when insects are difficult to find.

I was pleased to have Ms. Hairy Woodpecker come swooping in to alight on the peanut feeder during the snow. 

8 comments:

Mindi said...

Love the cute little mittens, and with all that snow it seems like the perfect project to be working on.

Anonymous said...

Hi

Just found your blog.

I love your Mitten project it's so sweet.

Your photos are stunning.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

You really are having the snow at the moment. I hope you don't send it our way - our weather has been great recently. Enjoy your weekend.

blue star stitcher said...

I've had that happen a bunch with over- dyed threads. It looks good now though. I' m surprised the hummingbirds don't migrate for the winter!

Maggee said...

I hope to get out this weekend and get some new bird feeding supplies! Might convince hubby to come along. He has spring fever baddd!! Hugs!

Barb said...

Your mittens look great. I've had the same problem with variegated thread!

Anonymous said...

Mittens, birdies and snow...OH MY! LoL

Deb said...

I was very surprised to see the hummingbird!! I always thought they migrated to warmer temps! We get them here in spurts - the first one to see one tells all the rest of us "They are here....get your feeders out". I have agastache planted which they enjoy. Love to sit outside and watch them flit from flower to flower.