Saturday, March 10, 2012

Signs of Spring

With a couple of mild semi-sunny days, Nature is sending signals that Spring is on the way.

Pale yellow Hellebore 

Pansy

Hellebore

Daffodils

Iris reticulata

Narcissus 'Chinese Sacred Lilies'

Witch Hazel

A sedum in bloom!

Muscari

Spring sights and sounds:
The last two evenings I've heard 'The Spring Frog Chorus' - a welcome sound.  My sister saw a group of four male wild Turkeys out on patrol for females.
Friday evening a brown bunny popped out of the thicket to nibble on grasses in our backyard.   

This morning my sister and I are off to join a group on a three mile nature walk along the banks of the Willamette River.  I am hoping the rain does not arre until later in the day.  You can bet I'll be taking pictures!      

8 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks for sharing your signs of spring, Beth--we have nothing here except the return of our duck couple and the Great Blue Heron...

Enjoy your walk!!

Unknown said...

Your Spring pictures are wonderful. We have our daffodils in bloom even after the four inches of snow on Monday.

Looking forward to your hike pictures.

Deb said...

Oh Beth!! Those Hellebores are positively gorgeous!!! I especially love the pink ones! Enjoy your walk and I look forward to seeing your pics!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Thank you for sharing such lovely spring flowers photos with us all.

Really made me smile.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Anonymous said...

The daffodils, tulips, crocus are all blooming here too. I love it! As always, beautiful images. Thank you for sharing them.

CalamityJr said...

How beautiful! So spring is actually on its way - yay!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Thanks for the signs of spring in your neck of the woods, it's lovely to see.

Barb said...

Hi Beth, Those flowers are gorgeous!! The pale helebore is to die for!! Things have really slowed down up here, I think spring is on hold so winter can have a bit more fun!! Hope You were spared rain for the walk!