Saturday, September 11, 2010

September Flowers



Design - "Calendar - September"
Designer - Ewe & Eye & Friends
Fabric - 32 count Cream Sienna linen
Fibers - Anchor
Started - 3 September 2010
Completed - 9 September 2010

Very seasonal this sunflowerly flower I think!  When I was all done, I noticed looking at the photo of the chart, the flower had a stem.  It was not charted, but I decided to add it in to give weight to the piece, and clarify top from bottom.  I made one other change.  French knots and I do not have an Entente Cordiale relationship with each other.  So I decided to forgo the knots in the center of the flower, and stitch over one instead.  I think the end result suits the piece.

To continue with the September flower theme, I bring you Part Two of
"My Sister's Dahlias"

Bowen -Pom

Unknown

Margaret Ellen - B

Ryecroft Zoe - BB semi-cactus

Hollyhill Renoir - BB Incurved Cactus 

C.G. Paragon - BB Semi-Cactus

Camano Sitka - B Incurved Cactus


Lismoore Peggy -Pom

No comments: