Friday, May 14, 2010

Birds, Birds, Birds


This birdhouse is outside a window on our stairwell landing.  I'd worried that it was too exposed and would not be inhabited.  But for the last couple of weeks - despite the cats watching from the window - we have had prospective tenants flying by and perching on the stoop.  Yesterday, I caught our "new neighbor" bringing in a piece of grass with which to build a nest.  Though I cannot see it, somewhere there must be a sign which reads "OCCUPIED"!



In keeping with the avian theme, I finished up "Birds" by Heart in Hand.


Design - Birds
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 32 count Summer Khaki linen
Started - 11 May 2010
Completed - 12 May 2010



And this morning, I potted up several coleus and large fern...still have about six flats of plants to set out...this is supposed to be fun right, not work.  I need to stop being so compulsive, and enjoy the process.
Now, it must be time for a nap!


No comments: