Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Stitching and Eating


I've got all the supplies to start the "Rendered by Sampler" as designed by Little by Little
I need a pick-me-up as the weather this entire month has been miserable.  We've broken the record for the number of days in May with rain - and that was by the 24th of the month.  The only saving grace has been decent weather on the weekends, most of the rain falling during the week.  Yesterday was grey and mild, and I thought, "Okay no sun, but no rain either - I can work with that!"...until 3:00pm when the skies opened wide with booms of thunder, and we got over 0.7" of an inch of rain in less than an hour!  We ended the day with over an inch of rain. 

This morning it is pouring and the forecast calls for the possibility of a thunderstorm this afternoon.  All anyone dares to hope for is decent weather for the Memorial Weekend. Gardening is hard for everyone - the soil is so wet and cool that no one dares to plant the hot weather crops of tomatoes, peppers, and corn.

My sister and I did make it down to the Tuesday version of the Lane County Farmers' Market while the weather still held.

  

Though far smaller than the Saturday Market, there was still a nice representation of Produce Vendors...


Plant Vendors...


and Flower Vendors...



Also Food Vendors including Caramel''s French Patisserie and Cousin Jack's Pasty Company.  I had a smoked salmon pasty for lunch - yummy!

The bees continue to work - rain or shine!

No comments: