Friday, July 21, 2023

Two Special Woodpeckers

Good birding Wednesday morning.

I can't tell you the last time I've seen a Red-breasted Sapsucker.

This is a young, newly-fledged bird.

How do I know?  
The red head is dull in color - a mature bird has a bright. bright red head.

I'm just glad that there were birds nesting successfully nearby.

And Special Bird #2!

A male Pileated Woodpecker.

It worked out so my mom was able to see him.


Design - "Liberty"
Chart - "Liberty Angel"
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 32 count Natural Light linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 22 July 2014
Completed 23 July 2014

He did not stay around long.

Glad it time out so I got to see him.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What handsome woodpeckers you captured, Beth! Your patriotic piece is darling.