Thursday, July 27, 2023

Bird Babies - Part 1

Design - "Liberty 1776"
Designer - Little House Needleworks
Fabric - 30 count Cocoa WDW linen
Fibers - Crescent Colours & GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 13 August 2012
Completed - 1 November 2018 

So relieved to finally see a small family of California Quail.

I've been waiting and waiting.

There are nine babies.

They look quite young to me.

And unfortunately, it appears that this is a single parent family.

No sign of a female, but Papa Quail was taking his duties very seriously.

So darned cute!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely patriotic piece! I am so glad that you are seeing a Quail family, Beth. The babies are precious.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Beautiful family--My love of birds started when I lived in Florida in the early 90"s--the house I rented had a set of patio doors and every day a Momma Quail would lead her family across my back yard--she only had 3-4 I believe that is really I first had time to look at birds and enjoy them--!!
Thanks for all your photos each day--hugs, di