Friday, December 16, 2022

Acorn Duo

 

Design - "Wee Santa 2017"
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 30 count WDW Aztec Red
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 5 December 2017
Completed - 30 December 2017

The two guys came by Thursday morning.

I put out some suet balls...

and they were a HUGE hit.

I'd stopped buying them because they are not inexpensive and the birds can eat two or more in a day.

But maybe I should reconsider and have them available once a week as a special treat.

I did put out some acorns I'd collected to see if these guys might be interested.

I'll have to watch the next couple of days to see what happens.

I can hear them over at the granary tree the previous colony used.
The young Douglas fir trees are so tall now, I can no longer see it.
I might have to hike over to see what is happening.

1 comment:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a handsome Santa in his white coat! We put out a feeder with seed for the first time in years back in November. It has been fun to watch the birds come and go.