Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Day

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Christmas Card 1916


This post card has a Garland, PA postmark of Dec 23 2pm 1916.  It was written by Ellen (Nellie) Carter Upton, the mother of Otto D. Upton. She sent it to her son and daughter-in-law, Elsie Greenwell Upton, and her young granddaughter, Margaret Upton.  I've transcribed it as accurately as possible - Nellie was not a big believer in punctuation!

To:
"Mr & Mrs Otto Upton
Portland Oregon
c/o Gen. Del.

Dec 1916

To our loved ones
Just a word or two to wish you a Merry Christmas & happy New Year I hope you are all enjoying the best of heath We are all well but Me & I am a little better but not at My best yet Glad to know you have found such a good place to Move on to hope you will do well on it   it will seem good to you to get settled I bet for you have been so unsettled for a long time  I will write a letter in a short time  With lots of love to all & kisses for Margaret

from Mother"
  

Christmas Card 1916 

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Wishing you a joy-filled and blessed Christmas, Beth!

MaryO said...

Fantastic Beth...Merry Christmas. I so enjoy your blog!

Luv,

MaryO

Leigh said...

I live near Garland….have been thru many times! Merry Christmas.

Barb said...

Have a very Merry Christmas, Beth!