Friday, July 16, 2021

Showcasing Smaller Birds

More progress! Now am working on the lily of the valley leaves.

What's up with the little birds?  Glad you asked.

Thrilled, thrilled, thrilled to have a group of 12 or more Bushtits gather at the front feeders. 

When they mate up to nest, the group disbands and for several weeks I do not see them.  But now they've raised their families and they are once again flocking together.

Such tiny little things.

With a long, waggy tail.

And I got another Bewick's Wren sighting. 

The bird is puffed and fluffed as it was grooming.

I heard its buzzy call and then was able to locate it.

I also heard and then saw a female Bullock's Oriole.
That pleased me immensely and I am not even bothered that I did not have my camera with me.  Perhaps I'll get to see it again. 
 

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Glad the group of Bushtits have made a reappearance. They are such cute birds.

Barb said...

I do love seeing all those cute little birds!!