Friday, July 2, 2021

Fri

 

Design - "Pop" (freebie)
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 32 count unknown red linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 5 July 2014
Completed - 5 July 2014

Last Saturday and Sunday were SO hot!
Record-breaking hot with Sunday reaching 111F. 

I was extremely worried about the cavity-nesters using my nest boxes. 

That included this Chickadee family.

I kept watch and I listened and the young birds continued to 'talk' throughout the heatwave.  Then, this group fledged on Monday.

Much the same held true with the three Violet-green Swallow boxes. 

The parents continued to bring food in... 

...and I could hear the baby birds.  
I'll continue to watch to see when each family finally fledges.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

You are such a good bird Momma, Beth!

Barb said...

I am so glad the birds seemed to all be ok through that horrible weather we all had!