Friday, July 23, 2021

A Birding Lesson

Design - "A Flock United"
Chart - "And So the 4th"
Designer - The Cricket Collection
Fabric - 30 count R & R Highland Mist
Fibers - DMC
Started - 12 July 2001
Completed - 1 September 2001

I am enjoying lots of chickadees.

I often have 406 Black-capped Cchickadees.


And I'm seeing some Chestnut-backed Chickadees too.


They are a bit shyer.

This is a tough time of year for beginning birds to ID some of the juveniles they see. Can you figure out who this might be? The tail is the best clue.

It's a young Spotted Towhee, and yes, it looks very different from a mature bird.  Even the eye color is different.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Good looking chickadees, Beth! I wouldn't have known that was a spotted towhee. What a difference between the young and the mature. Love your patriotic stitch!

MaryO said...

Beautiful! Great photos and I love the stitch!
MaryO

Darlene S said...

Beautiful birds. We don't see the "spotted towhee in southern California. With luck, maybe I'll get to see one this summer while I'm in Washington. Thanks for all the birding tips.