Monday, March 8, 2021

My Chickens

Design - Alphabet Mania "D is for Daffodil" 
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 32 count Clay Belfast linen
Fibers - GAST & WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 9 April 2012
Completed - 11 April 2012 

Here are my 'chickens'.

I feed the quail in the morning and again between 4-5pm.

In the late afternoon they are tucked back in the brush safe from predators.
I can hear them and when I come with sunflower seeds and rattle the food, they come dashing out and will allow me to stand close by while they eat, as long as I do not move.

This male is exhibiting a common protective behavior.  Up high on look out.

Papa quail often do this - watching over their mate and nestlings.

3 comments:

MaryO said...

How sweet! Love the daff stitch. My mom loved daffodils!😍

Robin in Virginia said...

Your daffodil piece is sweet. Lovely quail photos, Beth!

Barb said...

Those appear to be quite smart birds!