Monday, March 29, 2021

He's Back!

Design - "Luck to You"
Chart - "Spring Things"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 28 count Light Mocha Cashel linen
Fibers - WDW & GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 20 March 2016
Completed - 21 March 2016

Lots of Downy Woodpecker action.  

A female in the backyard.


A male in the front.

And spring marches on. I heard Violet-green Swallows late Friday evening and spied 6-8 birds flying high in the sky.  Saturday morning they were back 0 flying low around the house.  That same morning I thought I caught a glimpse of a small copper-colored fellow.

When I came home Saturday afternoon, my sighting was confirmed! 

He's back!

The male Rufous Hummingbird. 
The females should be arriving shortly.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Super stitch, Beth! Welcome back, Mr. Rufous. Let the fun begin!

Barb said...

I love the color of that Rufous!! So glad he made it safely back!