Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Little Flowers Little Birds

"Spring Violets" by Hands to Work is the final piece I had framed this past summer.


Design - "Spring Violets"
Designer - Hands to Work
Fabric - 40 count R & R Inkspot Black
Fibers -
Started - 1 January 2007
Completed - 15 February 2009

The 40 count R & R Inkspot Black linen proved to be very challenging.  The dark fabric, combined with the small count, was tough on my 50+ year old eyes. And now eyes are even older - probably could not stitch this.

Here it is framed!


We are having spring-like weather. 

Sunny with temps in the upper 50s / low 60s!

The Bushtits are happy.

Here's a size comparison with a Junco.

And an outdoor Christmas bulb. 

Munch on little bird!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your spring violets piece is gorgeous, Beth. Even with magnification and good lighting, I struggle with dark colored fabrics so I don't. If I want to stitch the design, I switch out the fabric and change up the threads.

Barb said...

Such cute little birds. My eyes are way too old to try dark linen. I am doing ok with 40 count much to my surprise. I like stitching with just one thread and with the 40 count, I get nice coverage.