Monday, November 16, 2020

Noisy Birds

Design - "A Year in Chalk" - "November"
Designer - Hands on Design
Fabric - 30 count WDW Gunmetal linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 9 November 2016
Completed - 10 November 2017

A year after beginning, I finished up this WIP. I continue to be thankful and grateful as most of us should be. 


Friday afternoon I could hear several birds talking away.  It was not a sound I recognized and I searched and search before locating... 

A small group of White-breasted Nuthatches.

They are fun to watch as they work their way down large Douglas fir trees in search of insects. 

This one had a lot to say...

...and gave me some nice poses while doing so.

I got both left and right profiles.

I don't often see them up near the house and I think that they come to the feeders rarely. 

But the firs and oaks provide good habitat for them.

And their profile is unique so they are easy to ID.

3 comments:

MaryO said...

What lovely birds! Great pics!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your November Chalk piece is darling, Beth. This one is my favorite out of the entire series. What good photos you captured of the Nuthatches.

Barb said...

What pretty little birds! Your chalk design is great. I did not start that series.