Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Backyard Surprise

Design - "Square Dance - October"
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 32 count Vintage Country Mocha linen
Fibers - WDW, Country Colorworks
Started - 10 October 2020 
Completed - 27 October 2020

The ten little owls please me greatly.  This was good fun to stitch up.


I had a backyard surprise on Friday.

I looked out at the feeders to see...

...lots of Pine Siskins intermixed with House Finches and Lesser Goldfinches.

They are easy to ID with their sharp thin beaks and bright yellow wing stripes.

12-18 birds I'd guess.

If they chose to stay around, there will be much more active it the feeders this winter.

 

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your owl finish is adorable, Beth. I hope the Pine Siskins hang around over the winter season.

Vickie said...

I completed those little owls last month also. That is a cute stitch. :)

Barb said...

I love pine siskins!