Friday, November 15, 2019

Special Stitch Special Birds

Design - "Pumpkin Harvest" (Take Alongs)
Designer - The Trilogy
Fabric - Aida
Fibers - GAST & WDW
Started - ?
Completed - 7 August 2015

This was something my Mom worked on and finished 4 years ago.  A nice seasonal autumnal stitch.

What's up with the birds?

On Wednesday afternoon I thought I saw a Brown Creeper, but when I looked again, I saw a White-breasted Nuthatch.  Okay, that's a pretty cool bird after all. Note how it is heading down the tree.

Looking for a third time - hey it is a Brown Creeper!

And it is heading up the tree.

This was late in the afternoon, so low light and motion made for blurry photos.

Still I was thrilled to see this bird.  I've not seen one for over a year.

The bird worked in the bark of the Douglas for tree climbing about 60 feet up, then fluttering back down to start another journey up the tree.

It has a long, curved beak made for digging into crevasses. Pretty cool! 

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Love your Mom's fall stitch! Well, he certainly blends in with his background.

Barb said...

How great to see the brown creeper. I would think the bark could make them difficult to spot!