Thursday, October 10, 2019

Mish Mash


Design - "Autumn Alphabet" (kit)
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 32 count Natural Belfast linen
Fibers - WDW 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 7 October 2011
Completed - 12 October 2011 

Even on a gray day, there's quite an array of birds.

The Cooper's Hawk is becoming very tolerant of my presence. 

I'm celebrating the seasonal return of Golden-crowned Sparrows. 

California Quail are here all year.

Soon the Band-tailed Pigeons should head south.

Male Red-shafted Northern Flicker

White-breasted Nuthatch.  Unlike the Red-breasted Nuthatches, these guys never come to my backyard feeders, but I do see them marching up and down trees once in a while.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Nice assortment of bird sightings, Beth! That Cooper's Hawk is a beauty!

Babs said...

Lovely birds and cross stitch :)

Barb said...

I always love seeing that particular sparrow on your blog!