Thursday, October 31, 2019

It is Wintry Weather

Design - "Hoot"
Chart - "Autumn Smalls"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 32 count Natural Light linen
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 24 October 2017
Completed - 26 October 2017

Most of the Turkey Vultures have departed, but I still see one once in a while.

We have had unseasonably cold weather - the low Wednesday morning was 22f! 

I have a hummingbird feeder heater that I used on the front porch.  The other feeders I bring in at night and take out again in the early morning.

My first sighting of a hummers was at 7:17am.

I have at least four birds - the two that I've featured today, an adult male, and another female.

The California Quail area daily pleasure.

I am so glad they grace my backyard.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Frost stitch is adorable, Beth! While you are unseasonably cool, we are unseasonably warm (we woke up to 63 today).

Barb said...

That stitched piece is so cute! Glad you are taking care of the hummingbirds!

Monique said...

Encore 2 petites chouettes adorables, bravo !
Les colibris sont superbes, les perdrix aussi avec leur huppe.
Monique, Moniake
http://point2x.canalblog.com/