Friday, June 21, 2019

Funny Fledglings

Design - "Noah's Country Ark"
Chart - "Noah's Country Ark"
Designer - Blue Whale Designs
Fabric - 28 count R & R Confederate Gray Cashel
Fibers - DMC - strands over 2 threads
Started - 10 September 2015
Completed - 3 July 2016

The Hairy Woodpecker Fledglings are so much fun to watch. 

Here Mama Bird feeds her son. 

Here's Dad Bird also with a young son.

Is the fledgling male the same one?  I don't know.

I've never seen Mom, Dad, and kid or kids all together.

While The Downy Woodpeckers are still feeding babies in the nest, one has fledged. 

Here's Mama feeding...

...yes, you guessed it...a boy! 

The Starlings have mostly dispersed, so I was able to put out more suet in the back.  And as soon as I did...

...the Acorn Woodpeckers showed up. 

And so did the Flickers.  

I could look at this bird for hours.

So much to admire with the stripes, solid blocks or color, and polka dots.

3 comments:

LaNelle said...

Beth, love your older cross stitching just delightful...of course I love baby bird photos woodpeckers are among my favorites! Enjoy your weekend...

Robin in Virginia said...

I noticed the stripes previously, but not the polka dots. What a beautiful bird! Glad the starlings have disbanded and the Acorn Woodpecker showed up. What sweet photos you captured of the young being fed by Mom or Dad!

Rhodesia said...

Great set of photos, love the youngsters. Have a good weekend, Diane