Saturday, June 22, 2019

Cuteness Overload

Early Wednesday morning, I popped outside to turn off the motion detector water sprinkler and set out the bird feeders. 

At the edge of the back patio I almost tripped over this sweet thing. 

A very young fawn!

Cutness overload!  
I quickly moved away and quietly sat in a chair to watch.

I found Mama Doe grazing in the backyard.  When she was done, she very quietly bleeted and the fawn got up and walked over to her.

She spent some time checking out her baby...

...and making sure everything was okay.

The fawn had a quick snack.

Played peak-a-boo with me.

And shortly after this photo, the two strolled away into the forest.
My dad and sister have seen another doe with twins - so stay tuned!

6 comments:

Vickie said...

This is so precious! What a special treat for you to see this up close like this. Thanks for sharing this Beth. :)

LaNelle said...

How beautiful was this post Beth...just fabulous so precious! So amazing where you can find the fawns!

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh my goodness! What a cutie! I love watching the fawns this time of year. Beth, you captured some fabulous pictures of the fawn and his/her momma!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Ohhh--what a delightful way to start the day--
thanks so much for sharing--
luv, di

Carol said...

Oh, the babies are so dear! We had one out by our pond a few years ago and I loved watching him grow up :)

Jeannine520 said...

So, so sweet! And what a lucky sighing.