Friday, June 7, 2019

Everything in its Own Time

Design - Wee Chicken
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 30 count 18th Century Stone R & R linen
Floss - GAST
Started - 15 June 2010
Completed - 22 June 2010

A blast from the past!

I have been watching and waiting for a tenant for my Chickadee houses since April.  Nothing...

Until Tuesday evening, when I went back to look and saw and heard a Black-capped Chickadee. 

It flew into this house and back out again.

Each time I watched, the bird was bringing food to the nesting box.  

Here's a good view... 

...it also appeared to be interested in this loose soil.

As I did not hear any chirping babies, I believe that the female is incubating and the male is bringing her food as well as adding to / tidying the nest.
I am so chuffed to have Chickadees nesting.  Be assured that I will watch from a respectful distance so as not to disturb the birds.    

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Woohoo on the chickadees nesting at your house, Beth! Enjoy your Friday!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love love chickadees-
we had one here this winter--but haven't seen it for a very long time--
thanks for sharing--
luv, di

Monique said...

C'est génial, moi aussi j'ai eu des bébé mésanges bleues, ils sont partis depuis 3 semaines environ.
Monique