Friday, May 10, 2019

Violets and This Week's Visitors

Design - "February's Violet"
Chart - "Love is in the Air"
Designer - Blackbird Designs
Fabric - 28 count Amber linen
Fibers - GAST & Crescent Colours - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 18 March 2014
Completed - 27 March 2014 

Today I'm sharing some of my more usual visitors.

Look closely in the fir branches and you can see my FOY (first of the year) Hutton's Vireo.

It's not often that I see a Red-wing Blackbird.

This one stopped by for a short visit Thursday morning.

My last sighting of a Bushtit was back on the second of May.

Another infrequent visitor.  Female Cowbirds.

I had a group of two males and two females recently.

A blurry Wilson's Warbler.

A small group of Vaux Swifts show up most mornings and evenings.  They never light, except to sleep, otherwise they are always in flight, and thus hard to photograph.  They are often fondly referred to as flying cigars due to their short stocky body.

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

You have had some fabulous visitors this week. Your violets stitch looks super. Enjoy your Friday!

Rhodesia said...

Nice selection all of birds that I do not know! Have a good weekend, Diane