Thursday, January 3, 2019

What to Do

Design - "January Snows"
Designer - Bent Creek
Fabric - 32 count Country French Cafe Mocha
Fibers - GAST & WDW
Started - 5 January 2011
Completed - 8 January 2011

One of my on-going themes for January has been snowmen.  I'm think that might be nice to do this year as well.

After being no-shows for three weeks or so, most of my woodpeckers have reappeared for the new year.

On Tuesday a Red-breasted Sapsucker worked away on this tree for well over an hour. 

He's gotten used to me and lets me take photos while he works.

This is the only woodpecker I have where the males and females look the same, I cannot tell them apart.

The sapsucker often is at work in the early morning when the light is poor.

This time I was able to get some nice clear bright shots. 

Further woodpecker photos will follow tomorrow.

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Hello Mr. Woodpecker!

Margaret said...

I love your woodpeckers! Great pictures!

Barb said...

Wonderful woodpecker photos!!

moreofhim said...

Adorable snowman! Love the pictures of your woodpecker! They are so entertaining. We get one here once in a while and it's such a treat to watch him at work.

Blessings - Julie

RJ said...

I love your pattern choice. He is going to make such a sweet snowman. Woodpecker photos are among my favorites.