Thursday, January 31, 2019

New Stitching Charts

I've been pretty good about not buying anything for the past several months, so I broke down and got six charts that called to me. Now I need to see if I have the necessary fabric.

The fog disappeared and lots of Lesser Goldfinches were on hand to greet the blue sky day.

Unlike American Goldfinches, the Lesser retain their bright colors all year long.

This year I have an unusually large number of the birds.

They literally brighten my day as do the many kind comments you readers leave on my blog. 

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh Beth! The Promise of Spring chart is just fabulous!!! That is the prettiest robin! I cannot wait to see you stitch THAT one. :) I have a soft spot for our state birds. :) I will be stitching one soon! And so many goldfinches! I miss seeing them!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a great assortment of charts you picked up, Beth! The Lesser Goldfinches are so pretty against the blue sky.

Mary said...

Each and every chart is wonderful, how could you resist? Amazing photo of all the finches!! You are so fortunate to see so many beautiful birds together.

Carol said...

Love the charts you chose, Beth! I'm working on the first in the bird series by Cottage Garden Samplings right now and absolutely love it :) The goldfinches are always such a welcome spot of sunshine on gray days!

RJ said...

Love your February header Beth. Great selection of new charts you have chosen. We have one of those on order too. Lovely bird photos too. RJ

Meg said...

Some GREAT choices, Beth! I like the small charts because they are quick finishes. I've been eyeing some of those myself. I did a crazy thing and started Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow, which is going to take the better part of a year to finish, and I bought TWO more HRH charts and fabric. I'm going to be cross-eyed by the time I finish them all.

Funny how they call them "Lesser" Goldfinches, when they are so...much...more.

Have a lovely weekend! I hope you have some good plans.

Barb said...

I love those pretty yellow birds!