Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Better Late Than...

Design - "Flip-it January"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 28 count Country French Cafe Mocha linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 8 January 2012
Completed - 11 January 2012

What a fun little piece.  I'm especially pleased with it as it has my three favorite Winter motifs: a cardinal, a mitten, and a snowman.

One of the reasons, I'm later posting this month is that I don't have anything "special" to share. 
In past years I've had a Yellow-rumped Warbler active in January.

Bits of yellow on the throat and under the wings...


And on the tail, hence the nickname of "butter butt!" 

4 comments:

RJ said...

Really cute snowman. I'm really enjoying your collection of snowmen. Snowmen are my challenge this year to stitch. And as always, your bird photos are wonderful. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Shortbread and Ginger said...

What a lovely little bird and a cute nickname!

Mary said...

Really cute stitch! I love the nickname butter butt!!

Meg said...

Cute! I love all the snowmen in your header, too. I don't know why, but snowmen are one of my favorite motifs to stitch. I don't love all the endless white, but the scarves are always a fun way to try out a specialty floss you have in your stash that you haven't used yet.